Agave BioSystems is a small business specializing in research and development of biological systems, sensors, diagnostics, and instrumentation.
Our laboratory enjoys a close working relationship with nearby Cornell University.
We excel in the fields of:
- Molecular Biology / Microbiology
- Biosensors - Research projects targeting biological components for sensor systems
- Assay Development
- Device Design and Fabrication
- Miniaturization of lab-scale diagnostic and analytical instrumentation
We pursue multiple projects focusing on:
- Fast detection of specific cell characteristics, such as faster detection of disease vectors, cancer, virus infection.
- Detection of Biowarfare agents
- Degradation and neutralization of chemical agents by biological means
- Environmental hazard sensing and monitoring in real-time